'Torrent' Lampshade Project
Some supplies used for this project are available on arnoldgrummer.com. Add any of the items shown below to your cart right from this page.
- Make six to eight different-colored sheets of recycled paper in the usual way. Include at least two light colors.
- Tear thin, long strips from various sheets of handmade paper. Because of the curvature of the lampshade, strips will slant diagonally, instead of running straight across.
- Remove film over adhesive on the lampshade. Place strips on the adhesive, lining up curves and keeping the colors varied.
- Cover the entire lampshade with torn strips, holding it up to a lit lamp to look for cracks between strips. Disperse ligh-colored strips throughout for a luminous effect. Tear smaller strips and use your glue stick where multiple pieces overlap.
- NOTE(1): The lamp base in this photo was purchased at a local thrift shop for $2 and works!
- NOTE(2): This project is from 'Trash To Treasure Papermaking' by Arnold Grummer.
Arnold Grummer's Items Used In 'Torrent' Lampshade
|No options of this product are available.