Ring Bearer Pillow Project
Some supplies used for this project are available on arnoldgrummer.com. Add any of the items shown below to your cart right from this page.
- White photocopy paper
- Optional: Arnold Grummer's Cotton Linter Casting Squares or Arnold Grummer's Brite White Cotton Linters
- 3/8 inch wide ribbon: 12 inch length
- 5/8 inch wide ribbon: 30 inch length
- Sewing machine, thread
- Use any Arnold Grummer Papermill Kit or Large Dip Handmold to make 2 sheets of paper.
- To make pulp, recycle plain white photocopy paper. Use 1 3/4 sheets of photocopy paper to make each sheet.
- Optional: Add a few Cotton Linter Casting Squares (3-4 squares of per sheet) or a pinch of Brite White Cotton Linters to the pulp to make stronger paper.
- Add a small piece (2 inch square) of tissue paper in each of the bridal colors for the last 10 seconds of blending to give the paper some color and contrast.
- Form, press and dry sheets together. Use a pencil and ruler to lightly draw a 6 x 7 inch rectangle on the top sheet.
- Use a wet paintbrush to trace the rectangle. Lay the ruler along the inside of the wet line. Gently tear both sheets at the same time along the ruler's edge. Iron Paper dry.
- Sew 3 sides of the pillow together, 1/2 inch from the torn edge.
- Gently stuff the pillow with tissue paper. Sew 4th seam to close.
- Attach center of narrower ribbon to center of ribbon with a 1/2 inch strip of hot glue. Thread ribbon tails thru rings, and secure to pillow with bow.
- Tie bow and attach wider ribbon with hot glue.
- Tell the Ring Bearer that you have a special present for them if they can bring the pillow down the aisle and give it to the best man without tilting it, dropping it, and losing the rings!!!
Arnold Grummer's Items Used In Ring Bearer Pillow