Some supplies used for this project are available on arnoldgrummer.com. Add any of the items shown below to your cart right from this page.
- White photocopy paper
- Tissue paper in pink for paper, and floral for eggs
- 40 inches pink floral ribbon
- 40 inches solid pink ribbon
- 2 plastic eggs
- 16 guage floral wire in dark green
- 5 inch square Styrofoam cube
- 2 each: grass stems, burgundy roses, pink ranunculas, small yellow rose stems, small pink roses with baby’s breath
- Decoupage medium
- Paint brush, hot glue gun, wire cutters, scissors
- Make two sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 inch handmade paper following kit instructions. Recycle white photocopy paper, adding pink angel wings and pink tissue paper for the last few seconds of blending. Remove seed from angel wings to avoid brown spots in the paper.
- Decoupage plastic eggs with 2 inch square pieces of floral tissue paper. Let dry overnight.
- Use an ice cream scoop to carve out center from foam cube 1 inch deep. Leave a 1 inch flat edge around the top. For handles, twist three 24 inch wire lengths together. Shape, apply hot glue to ends and insert into opposite ends of cube.
- Cut a 6 x 11 inch strip from each sheet of handmade paper.
- Cover cubes, overlapping and folding paper at corners. Remove papers, crease folds, apply to cube with hot glue. Finish top edge by folding remaining one inch of paper onto cube. Secure with hot glue.
- Trim grass and floral stems as needed. Insert grass into center of cube. Add silk flowers, placing largest ones first and working down to smallest ones. Pull flower heads down so they meet the container.
- Cut a 40 inch length of the printed ribbon. Loosely wrap it around the handle, tying it at the end of each handle, and leaving a tail to dangle on each side. Trim ends to a ‘V’ shape. Cut a 40 inch length of pink floral ribbon and tie it at the top of the handle. Place eggs in grass.