Penny's Bench Project
Some supplies used for this project are available on arnoldgrummer.com. Add any of the items shown below to your cart right from this page.
- Small, unpainted bench
- Rose' pattern tissue paper or Wallies(R)
- Decoupage medium
- Make a sheet of paper from recycled yellow pages, or other yellow wastepaper with printing. Throw in small pieces of red and pink scrapaper for the last few seconds of blending.
- Find a flea market bench or pick up a small unfinished bench at a local craft store.
- Paint bench red.
- Tear handmade paper. Decoupage in a frame pattern around the top edge of the bench.
- Cut out 'rose' pattern Wallies(R) or tissue paper roses in red and yellow tones. Decoupage in the center area of the bench top, overlapping the handmade paper frame as shown.
- Apply two coats of decoupage over all, letting coats dry between applications.
- Spray with indoor/outdoor finish if the bench will be exposed to the elements on your porch or in the sunroom.
- Place in a showy spot!
Arnold Grummer's Items Used In Penny's Bench