Paper Wrapped Candle & Gift Bag Project
Some supplies used for this project are available on arnoldgrummer.com. Add any of the items shown below to your cart right from this page.
- Wastepaper to recycle: pink, white
- Large needle
- Small round brads
- Pillar candle with concave top
- Gift Bag
- Craft glue
- Follow the instructions in any Arnold Grummer paper making set to make one sheet each of white and pink handmade paper, adding angel wings to pulp in blender for last few seconds of blending.
- Use a paintbrush dipped in water to tear paper pieces in these sizes: white - 2-1/2 x 8-1/2 inches and two pieces 3-1/2 x 3-1/2 inches; pink - two 3 x 3 inch pieces.
- Follow directions on Arnold Grummer's Cotton Linter Casting Squares to create two heart paper casts. Gently tear excess paper from heart casts to leave a 1/4" torn edge border around image.
- Use craft glue to attach strip of handmade paper around candle, 1/2" up form the bottom of candle. There will be a gap, but the paper cast will cover the gap between ends of the strip.
- Layer and attach white and pink torn edge paper squares, and paper cast as shown.
- Use a needle to poke holes at top right, bottom right, and bottom left of casting on candle. Insert small round brass brads into holes. Poke four holes around the strip of paper and insert heart brads.
- Layer the remaining paper pieces and heart cast onto the gift bag.
- Lightly color parts of heart cast using color pencils. Highlight colored or raised parts of cast with glitter glue.
Arnold Grummer's Items Used In Paper Wrapped Candle & Gift Bag