Paper Jewelry Box by Lori Bergmann Project
Some supplies used for this project are available on arnoldgrummer.com. Add any of the items shown below to your cart right from this page.
- Paper mache heart box
- Satin ribbon
- Paper roses
- Dark fuschia card stock
- Mini scallop scissors
- Craft glue
- Blend white junk mail envelopes, adding iridescent flakes to the pulp.
- Pour pulp into a large heart cookie cutter placed on the paper making screen until the pulp is 1/4 inch thick. Flip the heart onto a terry towel and let it air dry.
- Add pink petals to remaining pulp to make sheets of paper to cover the box. Let paper air dry to get the texture shown.
- Cut two 1 7/8 x 8 inch strips of handmade paper and glue to the sides of the heart box. Glue a 4 1/2 inch square of handmade paper to the center of the box lid and trim away excess.
- Trim sides of box lid with ribbon.
- Glue cookie cutter heart shape to cardstock and trim with mini scallop scissors. Glue heart to box lid.
- Glue paper roses to center of lid to form a smaller heart shape.
- Note: Don't worry if the heart or paper take on some 'curl' when air drying. The moisture in the glue will relax the curl, and the heart and papers will go on flat.
Arnold Grummer's Items Used In Paper Jewelry Box by Lori Bergmann