PAPER ON THE RIVER 2021
CALL TO ARTISTS
Submission Requirements, Procedures and Fees
Arnold Grummer’s PAPER ON THE RIVER is open to all handmade paper artists.
- All work displayed must be original and created by the artist making the application using a hand papermaking / fiber technique.
- Artwork must prominently feature handmade paper / fiber.
- Each artist may submit up to three entries.
- Mass produced, commercial or imported art pieces are not allowed.
- Artworks can include framed handmade paper art, collages, books, boxes, and mixed media aretowrks that prominently feature handmade paper.
Entry Fee (non-refundable): $35 (max 3 pieces)
University Student: $20 (max 2 pieces)
1st Place: $250 Cash Award
2nd Place: $150 Cash Award
3rd Place: $100 Cash Award
Honorable Mention: Student $75 Cash Award
Honorable Mention: Viewer’s Choice $75 Award (announced online at close of show)
Submission Open: March 15, 2021 *
Submission Deadline: August 22, 2021
Artist Notification: August 27, 2021
Art Drop-off Dates: September 15-20
Exhibit Dates: October 1 – 31, 2021
* Submissions made to Paper On The River 2020 prior to cancellation are automatically in consideration for the 2021 exhibit
Artists may set the sale price for each exhibited artwork. The Paper Discovery Center will retain 30% commission on all artwork sales. In the event of a sale, the artist will be notified at the closing of the exhibit and mailed a check for 70% of the sale.
The Paper Discovery Center and Arnold Grummer’s LLC reserve the right to photograph and reproduce all exhibit entry images regardless of copyright. Such materials will be used for promotional and/or educational purposes only with full credit to artists, and studio links where available.