Paper Collage Art Project
Some supplies used for this project are available on arnoldgrummer.com. Add any of the items shown below to your cart right from this page.
- Canvas (11x14 for 'Spinakers at Dusk)
- Gloss acrylic gel medium
- acrylic paints
- I'm a mixed media artist and found out paper strips adhere to canvas.
- For the 'Bargello' and 'Sailboat pieces, recycle paper in different colors and cut them into strips.
- Glue strips to the canvas using acrylic gel medium in gloss.
- After the strips are in place, cover the entire surface using acrylic gel medium in gloss as a topcoat.
- Tone down bright colors with a wash of watered down gesso.
- Sketch and paint the sailboats over the top, using acrylic paints.
- For the 'Anniversary Dance,' cut larger pieces of handmade paper to create a stained glass style piece shown here.
Arnold Grummer's Items Used In Paper Collage Art