North Pole Book: Penguin Project
Some supplies used for this project are available on arnoldgrummer.com. Add any of the items shown below to your cart right from this page.
- Patterned papers: textured in red, green, orange, yellow, black; red dot, lime green check
- Cardstock: white
- Handmade paper: white, pink
- Ribbon: 3/8” sheer turquoise/lime dot ribbon, two 9” pieces
- Jingle bells: two 3/8" gold
- Mini glass ornaments: one green, one blue
- Mini round brads: eleven pewter
- Craft thread: turquoise
- Miscellaneous items: scissors, 1/16” hole punch, 3/4” circle punch, fine point permanent black marker, paper glue, turquoise & black inkpads, ultra fine iridescent glitter, 3/8” rubber alphabet stamps
- Follow template instructions for making book, cutting cover of book from red paper and inside lining from lime check paper. Antique edges of assembled book with turquoise ink.
- Cut hat from lime check paper. Cut head from black paper. Cut beak from yellow paper. Cut face from white cardstock. Antique edges of hat, face and nose with blue ink, using a small piece of dry sponge.
- Cut hat brim from white handmade paper. Punch two 3/4” circles from handmade pink paper for cheeks. Dab glue on edges of hat brim and cheeks, and quickly sprinkle glitter on glue while wet. Shake off excess glitter.
- Punch 1/16” holes in face at eye and mouth dots and attach brads. Glue head, face, hat, hat brim, cheeks and nose to book cover, following pattern. Draw a line around front cover 1/8” from edges with black marker. Stamp “NOEL” in upper left corner of cover with black ink. Insert ribbon through jingle bell and blue ornament, and tie into a bow. Glue bow to tip of hat. Glue notepad inside book. Wrap thread around book twice and tie into a bow under word.
Arnold Grummer's Items Used In North Pole Book: Penguin