Japanese Maple Card Project
Some supplies used for this project are available on arnoldgrummer.com. Add any of the items shown below to your cart right from this page.
- Wastepaper to recycle
- Cardstock: coordinating color, 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece
- 6 Mini brads
- Trimmer, ruler
- Optional: Decorative edge scissors
- Follow the usual steps for making paper.
- Float Japanese Maple leaves in the pulp before forming the sheet. Press leaves into pulp as the last bit of pulp is draining so fibers catch the edges, locking leaves onto the sheet.
- Choose a section of the finished sheet that shows off the leaves. Trim or tear a 3 1/2" x 3 3/4" piece, and a 1 1/4" x 3 3/4" piece for the message block.
- Cut or trim cardstock to 3 3/4" x 4", and 1" x 3 1/2". Optional: Use a decorative edge scissors on cardstock edges.
- Write or stamp a message on the smaller cardstock strip. Layer message onto handmade paper strip.
- Layer 'leaf' paper piece onto trimmed cardstock, attach to card with 4 mini-brads. Attach message strip to card with 2 mini brads.
Arnold Grummer's Items Used In Japanese Maple Card