Heartfelt Collection: Lamp Project
Some supplies used for this project are available on arnoldgrummer.com. Add any of the items shown below to your cart right from this page.
- Pink photocopy paper,plain or printed (to recycle for papermaking)
- Champagne flute or wineglass
- 1 1/2 inch wide decorative ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Tea light candle
- Use Arnold Grummer's Large Dip Handmold or Arnold Grummer's Papermill PRO kit to make one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 inch handmade paper per lampshade.
- To make pulp, recycle plain or printed pink photocopy paper. Use 1 3/4 sheets of photocopy paper for every lampshade you plan to make.
- After removing the seed, add 1-2 pink or red angel wings to pulp in blender for every lampshade you plan to make before forming sheets.
- Slide template into handmold. Place it between the wood frame and the papermaking screen. Form, press and dry sheets following kit or handmold directions.
- Spray flame-free on finished paper following package directions.
- Use 1 1/2 inch wide ribbon for trim around upper and lower edges of lampshade. Tie a single knot. Loosely twist ribbon for decorative effect and tie another single knot. Attach ribbon to shade with a dab of hot glue under each knot.
- Fill champagne flute 1/4 full with sand. Insert tea light candle in sand. Light candle. Place lampshade over flute or wine glass.
- Note: The top rim of the flute or wineglass should be visible when the shade is placed on the glass. Check to make sure no ribbon or paper overlaps the flame
Arnold Grummer's Items Used In Heartfelt Collection: Lamp