Cookie Cutter Snowflake Card Project
Some supplies used for this project are available on arnoldgrummer.com. Add any of the items shown below to your cart right from this page.
- Large snowlfake cookie cutter
- 5 1/2 inch square card
- Navy blue cardstock
- Printed star paper
- 4 large round brads
- Terry towel
- Blend Arnold Grummer's Cotton Linter Squares (14-15 squares) or Preshredded Brite White Cotton Linter in blender with 2 cups water.
- Add a generous pinch of Arnold Grummer's Iridescent Flakes (Clear or Icy Blue) to pulp in blender for last few seconds.
- Pour pulp into tea strainer or mesh kitchen strainer. Hold till water stops dripping, but do not press pulp to get water out.
- Place the paper making screen on plastic canvas from the kit over a large can. Place large snowflake cookie cutter on the screen.
- Gently pull pulp from the strainer and place it inside the cookie cutter form, nudging pulp into all corners. Let the water in the pulp help you 'pat' the pulp into an even layer inside the cookie cutter.
- Use a sponge to remove water from the snowflake. Then use a terry towel cloth to get even more water out.
- Carefully remove the cookie cutter. Place the snowflake in a safe place to dry. Put in front of a fan if you're in a hurry.
- Glue snowflake onto cardstock layers to create a card, or string with ribbon to make ornaments. Sew tiny 'beaded spokes' from point to point on the snowflake for a fancier finishing touch.
Arnold Grummer's Items Used In Cookie Cutter Snowflake Card