Arnold Grummer's Contest Rules
1. Make any 'LOVE, HEART or VALENTINE' project featuring recycled paper you've made yourself, with a friend, or with a group.
2. Snap a .jpg and email to [email protected]. Please put LOVE CONTEST 2018 in the subject line, and include a line or two about your project in the message.
3. Entries must be received by February 20, 2018. Winners will be announced in Arnold Grummer's March 2018 Newsletter.
Three winners will be selected by an outside judge.
- 1st place will receive a MAXI Microfleur flower press - a $60 value
- Two runner-ups will receive a Sticky Note Book Kit (makes 12 books) - a $21.95 value
1st Place Prize
2018 LOVE CONTEST WINNER 2018
1st Place Winner by Jenny Davis of Silver Linings Art
Here's what Jenny has to say about her piece: 'A 9x16 stitched drawing. 6 layers of hand made rag paper machine stitched together. Sections have been cut away to reveal the papers underneath. One of the papers came from an activity I did with fourth grade students. They brought in clothing items they had outgrown. Another paper was made from t-shirts that a friend of mine had given me shortly before he passed away from cancer. A few of the papers are from a collaborative mural I completed at an elementary school where all the students and staff donated cotton clothing to make the paper from.'
Jenny wins a MAXI Microfleur Flower Press for her submission. Congratulations, Jenny!
2018 LOVE CONTEST RUNNER UP 2018
Runner Up Jill O. from Verona, WI
Here's what Jill has to say about her card: 'I made ten of these for a card swap and they were easy to make. Everyone wanted to know how I got the texture, but it's just how handmade paper is. I didn't make it myself, a friend gave it to me, and other pieces came from my scrap drawer. I printed Happy Valentine's Day from the computer.'
Runner Up Prize
Looking for inspiration? Arnold Grummer's 'Love Heart Valentine' Pinterest board has some beauties.