Butterfly Tray Project
Some supplies used for this project are available on arnoldgrummer.com. Add any of the items shown below to your cart right from this page.
- Watercolor pencils
- Small round brush (#0)
- Unpainted tray and knobs
- Clear acrylic spray sealer
- Sandstone paint
- EnviroTex® Lite, 8 oz
- White craft glue
- Make 12 butterfly paper clay casts. Do not exceed ½ inch thickness.
- Color with pencils; blend with brush and water.
- Spray with sealer.
- Attach knobs, paint tray.
- Space casts in tray, secure with glue.
- Place books on wax paper over casts to dry overnight.
- Brush sandstone paint into channels around casts.
- Allow each coat to dry, build up ‘grout’ with paint.
- Mix EnviroTex® according to package directions, pour into tray, tilt to get even coverage.
- Place on even surface to set overnight.
Arnold Grummer's Items Used In Butterfly Tray