Bugs & Beads Jewelry Project
Some supplies used for this project are available on arnoldgrummer.com. Add any of the items shown below to your cart right from this page.
- Small package polymer clay
- Water mister
- Craft knife
- Eye pin (from the craft store in 'beading' or 'jewelry making dept
- Beading thread, assorted beads
- To make the polymer clay bug for this project, use a small package of polymer clay in the 'bug' color of your choice. Some polymer clays have iridescent colors and make terrific bugs.
- Prepare (knead) clay according to package directions.
- Roll prepared (kneaded) clay to 1/4 inch thick. Mist casting mold with cold water. The water will act as a 'release agent' so the clay won't stick to the mold.
- Place clay over mold, press into mold to capture details.
- Gently remove and use craft knife to trim along bug outline.
- Insert eye pin on top, then bake clay according to polymer clay package directions.
- Cut beading thread to the desired length plus 2 inches.
- Slide pendant to center of beading thread.
- Thread beads onto both sides until happy with the design and length and knot ends to finish.
Arnold Grummer's Items Used In Bugs & Beads Jewelry
|No options of this product are available.