Bud Vases Project
Some supplies used for this project are available on arnoldgrummer.com. Add any of the items shown below to your cart right from this page.
- Small bud vase(s)
- Raffia: color coordinated, 12 inches per vase
- Beads: 2 per vase
- Handmade paper: 1 1/2 inch sqaure per vase
- Mini mold cast paper pieces: 1 per vase
- Scissors, glue
- Wrap about 12 inches of raffia (your color choice) around the neck of the bud vase. Tie a single knot to keep raffia secure.
- Slide both ends of the raffia through one of the beads, slipping the bead up to the knot at the neck of the bottle. Tie another knot just under the bead to hold it in place.
- Cut a 1 1/2 inch square piece of handmade paper. Place a small amount of glue in the center front of the paper. Turn paper to a diamond position so the top point of the paper is just beneath the bead. Place raffia onto glue.
- Follow directions for paper casting using any Arnold Grummer Mini Casting Mold. They come in leaves, bugs and geometric shapes.
- Cut the paper cast apart into four 1 x 1 inch blocks; choose one block to place on the bottle.
- Center and glue cast paper piece to handmade paper, also in the diamond position. Raffia will be between the handmade paper and paper cast.
- Slide both ends of remaining raffia thru the second bead, again tying a knot to hold bead in place.
- Cut off any excess raffia.
- Add your favorite flowers and enjoy!
- Note: KenCrest Creations of KenCrest Employnet makes and sells these bud vases for $3 in support of their program.
Arnold Grummer's Items Used In Bud Vases