Becky's Wedding Invitation Project
Some supplies used for this project are available on arnoldgrummer.com. Add any of the items shown below to your cart right from this page.
- Printable vellum
- 1/4" ribbon
- Hole punch
- Blend pulp for sheets either in a large batch, or for one sheet at a time.
- I used white photo copy paper, pink tissue paper, AGs cotton linter, red bee balm petals, AGs pink angel wings, plumosa fern, AGs iridescent flakes, AGs silver dust, AGs opal sprinkles and AGs fuschia sprinkles.
- I wasn't fussy about the measurements. I blended the white paper then added the other ingredients until it looked right to me and blended for maybe 10 seconds more to mix them in.
- I've made paper before. I like the texture I get from adding a pinch of cotton linter to recycled paper. I used a paper press because it makes it easier to get flat sheets and I like the way paper looks when I dry it in a press.
- The finished paper had lots of pinks and reds and sparkly highlights that showed thru the vellum print overlay. My guests all said that mine was the prettiest invitation they ever received.
- Invitations: I used 4" x 9" cardstock; 3 1/2" x 6 1/4" handmade paper; 3 7/8" x 6 1/2" printed vellum overlay which I printed on my home computer. I was able to get 3 invitaions out of one sheet of handmade paper.
- RSVP cards: I used 3 1/2" x 5" cardstock; 3" x 4" handmade paper; 3 1/4" x 4 1/2" printed vellum overlay. I was able to get 6 RSVPs out of 1 sheet of handmade paper.
- Thank You Card: Cardstock folded to 3 1/2" x 5", handmade paper and vellum the same as the RSVP card.
- Assembly: I glued the handmade paper pieces to the cardstock with a gluestick. I let the pieces 'set' between books in a stack overnight.
- I punched holes thru the vellum and cardstock layers, and threaded ribbon thru the holes to put the sets together.
- I left the bottom of the vellum loose so my guest could peek underneath and see the beautiful paper.
- I purchased lined business and 4-bar envelopes from a paper specialty shop to send off my handmade invitations. I was really happy how they turned out.
Arnold Grummer's Items Used In Becky's Wedding Invitation